In the mid-1980s, Porsche stunned the world when it released the innovative 959, as it was one of the first pure high-performance sports cars with all-wheel drive. Its twin-turbocharged engine also made it the fastest street-legal production car to date. These factors and more made many drivers consider it the most technologically advanced sports car ever built.
A 1987 review in Car and Driver magazine said, “We hesitate to call any car perfect. But we have finally had a chance to drive a Porsche 959 on the street, and the word ‘perfect’ is difficult to avoid. The Porsche 959 can accomplish almost any automotive mission so well that to call it perfect is the mildest of overstatements.”
We’re celebrating the 75th anniversary of Porsche with a 1:64 scale version of the storied Porsche 959 exclusively for our Red Line Club members. Our designers wanted to give this car the proper homage, so it has an opening hood to reveal the twin-turbocharged engine and the famed “Komfort” red-and-black interior.
- Hot Wheels® RLC™ 1986 Porsche 959
- Features: Opening hood with detailed engine
- Body Color: Spectraflame true black
- Graphics: Authentic manufacturer logos
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders Exotic wheels
- Base: Full-metal, matte black painted chassis with painted details
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Red with black painted details
- Scale 1:64